Sunday, August 29, 2010

Buggy Barn and Blackbird Designs

The Buggy Barn ladies know how to put on a show.  During the week I have been entertained, fed very well, and have had more fun than one person should be able to have.  The wheat fields are absolutely beautiful with their golden color contrasting with the beautiful blue sky.  This is the view from the building where classes were held. 


Alma and Barb from Blackbird Designs had been busy putting together two fun-filled days.  The first day we had the option of hand or machine appliquing this wonderful quilt.  Alma told us the history of the block. 


I chose the machine applique option but didn't get very far.  Guess I spent too much time visiting with two very nice ladies:  Sue from the UK and Patti from Canada.  We laughed, ate, compared notes, laughed some more, and generally had a very fun-filled day with Barb and Alma. 



As is often the case, Alma and Barb had a special extra project for us.  This is the bonus project - a cute pin cushion.  We also got to make a couple of decorative pins for our pin cushion.



The next day we changed gears and spent most of the day doing hand work.  I actually finished my needle roll!!  Didn't take a photo but mine looks exactly like this one from Alma's blog.   Really -- I promise -- I did finish mine!  We also made a very cute box to house our needle roll.  Here's mine.


The classroom was filled with quilts from Blackbird Designs.  Here's some to inspire you.








I couldn't choose a favorite.  They were all beautiful.  Next time I will tell you all about class with Renee Plains of Liberty Star Designs and Jo Morton.  Plus, I took lots of photos of the outdoor quilt show. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update on your Buggy Barn trip. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I also enjoyed seeing the pictures of Alma and Barb's quilts. I can't wait to see additional photos for all of your quilting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean. It was a perfect time - great weather and so fun to get to be around those who love the same thing I do.
    Kay H

    ReplyDelete