Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Buggy Barn and Renee and Jo

The third day of classes at Buggy Barn meant a day with Renee Plains of Liberty Star.  I have loved Renee's patterns since she began designing so was very excited to be with her for the day.  I made a covered journal that will be perfect for jotting down design ideas as they come to me.  We used a combination of fabric and wool.  Also, learned the toothpick method of applique.  I'm excited to share the toothpick method in a future workshop. 

Here's some projects Renee brought to share with us. 




My last day of classes was spent with Jo Morton.  If I had to summarize Jo's work in one word, "amazing" would be the word.  Her written instructions are very well done - they make sewing a project so easy.  Her books are beautifully photographed and contain numerous diagrams to insure your success. 

Class with Jo is always so relaxing.  I perfected my backbasting needleturn applique and am excited to share the technique with all my friends.  I have to confess I haven't finished my project yet but this is what it will look like when it's finished.

So cute and so Jo! 

Next post I will show photos from the quilt show.  It was the 14th annual.  Just a hint:  quilts were hanging everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment