Sunday, September 26, 2010

Catching up with Friends

Ever have a week when you get a chance to catch up with old friends?  My week began with a nice long visit with my favorite cross stitch designer, Merry Cox.  She has updated her website with teaching pieces and her teaching schedule.  She is also offering on-line classes so you really can stitch in your pjs!  Jump over and visit even if you're not a stitcher.  Her pieces are absolutely exquisite.  This is her newest piece.


Yesterday I had a chance to go to the Springfield MO bi-annual quilt show.  I arrived just in time to attend Terry Clothier Thompson's lecture on red and green quilts.  I have collected several antique red and green quilts and they are my absolute favorite.  Terry acquired an antique strawberry quilt and has reproduced it.  Of course, I HAD to buy the pattern.


Kay from Mama's Log House Quilt Shop was one of the vendors.  I have known Kay for years and think she has the best selection of reproduction fabrics in the area.  Since I didn't take a photo of her cute booth, I am sharing a photo of the historic log house.  Check out the story of it on her website.


Today is the first really cool (59 degrees) day we've had in a long time.  I couldn't resist making a batch of whole wheat cinnamon applesauce raisin muffins.  Wish you were here to share a cup of tea and a muffin!

1 comment:

  1. Our little group of ladies also went to the show in Springfield, but we did not attend any of the special events. I also like Terry Thompson's quilts. I have a few of her patterns, but I have not made any of them. Mama's Log House is a great place! It is very nice to have her shop so close to where I live.

    ReplyDelete