Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Civil War Bride Quilt Block #4


It's a good thing I like to make berries!  Call me crazy, but I love to make berries.  My preferred berry making tool is Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Circles.  I used to needle turn them but one side always came out nicely rounded while the other was pointy---that darn bias! 

The designer had included a couple of appliqued tendrils but I left them off.  My vines are a bit clunky and the tendrils added to the clunkiness so I took creative license.  I may ink them later.  I also left off the grape stems; may ink them later.  Those of you who know me know I am infamous for very little embellishment on my quilts.  Heck, I have many poor little birdies with no legs and no eyes.  I like to leave the embellishment up to the viewer's imagination. 

Here's all four blocks together.



I am working on block #5.  I had a plan for the block but nothing worked out as planned.  I've remade all the stems, remade flowers, remade the vase.  But it's all fun!

Kay

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty - the colors are really cool and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandye. These are not fabrics I regularly play with but I am having too much fun with this quilt!!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete