Friday, October 28, 2011

Quilt Market Day Zero and 1/2

OK..........It's ridiculously cold here in Houston. Windy, dreary--perfect quilting weather though! I'm not sure why I'm so enticed by the shipping boxes but just had to show you a sample of what Moda sent. Obviously someone has a lot of time on their hands to have time to decorate wooden crates!

Yesterday I mentioned Schoolhouse. I helped Lynette with hers and then helped hold quilts during Lecien's presentation. Lots of very pretty new quilts and fabrics. After my "work" (what a fun way to work!) was finished I had to go to one of my favorite designer's presentation.

Yes.....that's Jo Morton. Notice the packed room. It was standing room only. She showed her Little Women's Club 11 quilts plus some that will be in a book next year.

Tonight is Sample Spree. I'd take photos but don't know if you'd be able to get the full effect by a mere photo. Imagine 1000 shop owners (mostly women) standing in line (it's 5:15 p.m.and I'll guarantee the line has formed). The doors open promptly at 8:00 and the crowd surges forward. THEN another 1000 line up for the 9:00 opening. It's like nothing you've ever seen before. Oh.....did I mention that there is a limited amount of merchandise? And some can't be bought anywhere else during market.

Those who know me know I'm not much of a shopping fan but Sample Spree is a tradition with me. I'll let you know what I found tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the Running of the Bulls!! Look out or you will get trampled! :o)
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read about sample spree previously, it sounds like a wild and awesome time of fun. I'd love to be getting in on some of those fab give-aways! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete