Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Civil War Bride Quilt Block #7

The Quil brothers have gone home.  Things are finally back to normal at the Harmon and Edens households.  Thanks for all your well wishes!

I am on a roll.  Here is block #7 of the Civil War Bride quilt.


Those of you who have studied the pattern are probably scratching your heads trying to figure out what is different about my block.  Hint:  look at the toes.  For those who aren't familiar with the pattern, the peacocks have feet with teeny tiny toes - lots of toes.  I tried to applique those itty bitty toes and finally decided that they looked awful so decided my birds are in trees with lots of leaves. 

Here are closeups of the birds so you can see how I used the fabric to my advantage.


Next post I hope to be able to share photos of what I've been up to lately.  I am waiting for the official OK before I share. 

4 comments:

  1. I love the peacocks! The blue fabric reminds me of a fabric my Mother had that she bought in the 50's; I think she used it for curtains. She gave me a scrap of it a while back - now when I see it, I'm going to think of the eyes in peacock tails. :)

    Glad to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandye
    Don't you love how we create memories with our crafts? People who don't craft miss out on so much!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toes are so overrated! Love the leaves. Your block is beautiful. Great job.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbie
    TOTALLY agree about the toes!! I have plans for those other pesky toes on future blocks.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete