I know it's been a while since I updated. I've thought about stopping to post but have been trying to keep focused. I just finished 2 of the 3 samples for Lynette Anderson using her new fabric lines. The first is a Christmas quilt.
It was interesting to make because the sleigh was appliqued to a pieced background which was appliqued to the brown pieced background. This is a free pattern which will be available at Lecien fabric around mid-May.
The second quilt is made with Lynette's new Halloween line. This is her first Halloween line and if it's an indication of what she can do with a Halloween theme, I expect we will see lots more spooky fabric. This quilt is primarily paper pieced. It had been a while since I'd paper pieced but I quickly remembered the technique and also remembered why I enjoy paper piecing. It's an easy way to get precise shapes.
Notice the pumpkins are pieced and then appliqued to the background. I need to add more black ribbon to create a bow for each pumpkin which will look like a tendril. Just not sure exactly how I want to approach that -- if I sew on the machine the ribbon will get all smushy (and I don't like smush!) but if I want until it's quilted, the ribbon will have to be tacked (lots of work) and will get smushed as the quilt travels throughout the world. I'll sleep on it.
I just noticed this photo is just a photo of the inner portion of the quilt. I'll take a photo this week and show you the border. It was all foundation pieced.....but was fun to do.
Instead of starting on the 3rd quilt (it's another Christmas one), I am going to shampoo the carpet. Hubby is out of town so it's a great time to shampoo and then hibernate in bed.