Monday, April 4, 2011

The Quil brothers have left the house but, unfortunately, didn't leave the area as I know several who have the crud.  Get well soon!  With energy returning, sunny days, and lots of projects in the wings I had a pretty busy week. 

I finished this project including the quilting.  Background is brushed cotton and the applique pieces are wool.  I enjoy having a wool project in my stitching bag because it's very forgiving.  By that I mean that if my stitches aren't uniform, it's OK.  You can get the pattern for this piece here.


I don't know if you remember that I made the quilt for Lynette Anderson for her new line of fabric that came out during the fall quilt market.  Suffice it to say that I did not quilt it - Darlene did.


Lynette asked Darlene and I if we'd help with the quilt for the spring market in Salt Lake City in May.  Of course, we said yes.  I have been working on the quilt but can't show it just yet BUT I can show you some of the fabrics I'm using.  Sew Graceful Quilting will be getting in the line later this year (late June/early July).  The pattern will be free - can't beat the price! 

The fabric is wonderful to work with and the colors are just so me.  As you can probably tell, I am having a lot of fun with this project. 
 
Mom has her follow-up PET scan this Friday.  Please say a prayer that the cancer is all gone.  She felt well enough to go to church with me yesterday and that was a huge blessing.  I don't know how many of you go to church with your mother but let me tell you that when she's not sitting next to me things just don't seem right. 

If you live in the area, don't miss the annual quilt show this Friday and Saturday.  It will be at the Benton County Fairgrounds, 9:00-6:00.  Admisson is $5.  Lots of vendors and pretty quilts.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. The Folk Art quilt is just my style. I looked at the site but did not find a pattern for it.

    ReplyDelete