Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chestnut and Vine

What a week this has been!  I had good intentions but, unfortunately, that was not to be because of having to entertain these guys.  The Quil brothers along with Mucinex have been my best buddies most of the week. 


My sweet husband brought me these.........how do you guess I repaid him...........just a hint........he's now best friends with the Quil brothers.  Poor guy!


I did do my part on the Chestnut and Vine quilt.  Debby is piecing and I'm doing the applique.  We both think we're getting the best part of the deal since she doesn't applique and I don't care to piece.  Sew Graceful Quilting is offering this as a block of the month. 


There are a few openings left for "Playtime" at Sager Creek Quilts.  I made this quilt using their wonderful selection of happy fabrics.  The pattern is exclusive to Sager so you will have a unique one-of-a-kind creation.


Since I don't have kids, grandkids, dogs, or cats and their cute antics to share, and since I don't have any other projects ready to share, I will share links to some sites you may want to check out.  Heck, these links are probably better than photos of all that stuff anyway. 

Martha Stewart has a wonderful slide show of the red and white quilt exhibit that's in NYC thru Mar 30.  The owner, Joanna Rose, wanted to share her 651 (yes 651) red and white quilts with the public.  The quilts are beautiful but the method of display leaves me speechless.
The winners of the AQS Lancaster Quilt Show which was Mar 16-19 are here.   
If you'd like to read about one quilter's life in Japan (pre- and post-earthquake) check out Tanya's blog. 

Since I have been under the weather I haven't seen Mom all week (we live only 2 miles from each other) but we talk at least twice a day.  I think she is doing OK.  It's about time for a Quil dose.  Also need to rebandage my finger.  The sewing machine ran over it.  I won't go into the gorey details but suffice it to say it wasn't a pretty sight. 

This week is going to be a good one!  I just know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment