Monday, February 28, 2011

New Quilt

My hooking trip was just what the doctor ordered.  It was filled with laughter, shopping, eating, and a little hooking.  Quite honestly, I did less hooking that all the other fun things.  If you've never had the opportunity to visit Columbia, Missouri, I'd highly recommend a road trip.  It's a beautiful city with a lot to offer.  We came home via Kansas City......ok.....that's a little out of the way......but oh so worth it!

My friend, Donna Lynn Thomas, e-mailed to let me know one of the quilts I made for her new book was selected to be included in the book.  You can read all about her new book, "Flip Your Way to Fabulous Quilts", on her website.  Sounds like it's going to be another great book.  Here's the quilt I made (you can also see it on the slide show on her website).


The quilt hadn't been quilted when I took this photo.  If you look at the slide show you can see the beautiful quilting.  The quilt will also be here once the book is available.  They're taking preorders now. 

I notice Donna is teaching at Sager Creek Quilts in May.  Looks like some fun classes. 

That's about it for this week.  Mom had her 3rd round of chemo last week.  Everything went well.  We found out that approximately 2 weeks after the final session that she'll get a PET scan so we can see how effective the chemo has been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment