Saturday, February 5, 2011

Good intentions

I had intentions of updating my blog a week ago but somehow time got away.  Ever have that happen to you?  Please shake your head yes so I don't feel like the Lone Ranger!

I have been doing lots of wool applique.  Wool applique is portable, mindless and quick.  Just what the doctor ordered for me.  Here's a make do I made.  I love making the top part but always have a problem finding the bottom part - the part that makes it a make do.  My friend, Darlene, found a source for make do-s so I don't have to spend valuable time haunting antique stores shopping. 


Since I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring, I thought it would be fun to make a couple of wool Easter eggs.


This wool pincushion will hold LOTS of pins - it's pretty large but was a lot of fun to make.


I wanted to make something that was quick and different.  How about this?  Notice the teeny tiny pieces.  There pattern explains a very easy way to make them. 


All patterns for these projects can be purchased at Sew Graceful Quilting

Mom finished her second round of chemo this morning (Sat).  She'll follow that up with a shot in her belly on Monday - I know, I know....a shot in the belly.  Actually, the shot makes her feel much better because it stimulates white blood cell growth.  For those who don't know me and mom - we're major needle phobics.  So her getting a shot not only hurts her but pains me as well.  OK....getting sweaty palms thinking about it.  Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment