Monday, February 23, 2015

Kitty Kitty

Most of what I've been working on can't be shown yet but, trust me, I've been a busy gal.  Since I enjoy looking at old postcards, this project was right up my alley.  An enterprising person got the idea to take antique postcards and print them on fabric.  They provide a simple pattern and the result is a nice size wall hanging. 

At first I thought the fabric would be very stiff but it's a nice soft quality. Each postcard comes with a paper backing which is removed once you're ready to sew.  I like the paper backing because it keeps the postcard fabric from becoming distorted.  Some simple strip piecing you've got the piece together before you know it.  I'll quilt it in the ditch with my Bernina.

If you'd like a kit, they will be available soon at Sew Graceful Quilting.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment