Monday, July 7, 2014

Back to Cross Stitch

The recently was bit by the cross stitch bug.  I used to stitch all the time (before my quilting days) but after I learned how to applique, cross stitch took a back seat.  I wanted to start with something quick and easy.  I chose this Shepherd's Bush project. 


Here's the finished necklace.


 

I am the world's worst about procrastinating when I need to make pillowcases to complement the current quilt on the bed.  I don't know why because they are super simple.  Yesterday before church, I finally got around to making a couple of pillowcases to match the quilt that's been on the bed for several weeks.  Using the sausage roll technique means all seams are encased so no raveling when they're washed.


I pulled out a Merry Cox cross stitch project and am stitching it as well as working on a wool applique project.  I hope to have more to show soon.

5 comments:

  1. Your pillowcase is beautiful. Matching cases add so much to the decor. These are easy to make, but I am guilty also of not doing this often enough. I'm glad you are cross stitching a little bit again. I'm working on a big cross stitch project (Holy Moses) that I can't put down so I can quilt. I went to the quilt show in Shipshewana and saw the quilt Phebe displayed. I thought of you when I saw that. Please post as often as you can. I enjoy seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean
      I am so envious of you going to Shipshewana. I saw some photos and the quilts looks beautiful. Isn't it fun t have a cross stitch project that's fun to put down?
      Tell hubby hi - I bet he's staying busy.

      Delete
  2. I just picked up all the stuff to make Little Miss Shabby's cross stitch quilt sampler. I also cross stitched before I started quilting 20 years ago, but this seemed like the perfect thing to make for my sewing room. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great addition to your sewing room.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you stitching again. What Merry Cox project are you working on?
    Love the SB necklaces.

    ReplyDelete