Friday, November 25, 2011

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving

We decided to do something a bit different for Thanksgiving this year. We loaded the car and headed north. Yes north. Everyone who knows my husband knows he hates cold weather ..... but he loves me more so indulged me when I mentioned I'd like to go to the International Quilt Study Center in Lincoln, Nebraska. 

The Elegant Geometry exhibit closes Jan 8. If you haven't been and can squeeze a trip to see it in your schedule, you will be glad you did. Yvonne Wells also has an exhibit of some of her works. The current issue of Quiltmania magazine also has an interesting article about her. 

The center has a catalog of the exhibit. Santa is bringing me a copy. 


This quilt was amazing. All those tiny pieces!  The center allows non-flash photography in all their galleries. 
 

After the exhibit we drove to Omaha and spent several days there. We are both retired from the Air Force and enjoyed staying on the base. Did some shopping. Santa is also bringing me some running shoes. Hubby doesn't know Santa shopped for him this afternoon. 

The Just Cross Stitch Christmas in Williamsburg seminar begins soon. If you're going, have a great time. I have very happy memories of the times I attended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment