Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shop hopping

My friend invited me to her home in Springfield.  Her son gave up his room for me which meant I became one of a handful of adults who can boast of sleeping in a boat.


Our plan was to stitch the days and evenings away.  You'll notice I said plan---instead we shopped and will stitch next time.  We visited The Quilt Sampler in Springfield, Quilts and Quilts in Branson, and Sew Simple Quilts in Ozark.  All were nice but Sew Simple was my favorite for that day of shopping.  Very nice samples and the friendliest help.

The next day we visited a shop that has become one of my favorites:  Lillie's Classic Quilts in Independence, Kansas.  It's off the beaten path but absolutely worth the effort.  If you aren't inspired in this shop, I'm afraid there's little hope for you.  Really, it's that good.

I came home with sensory overload after seeing all the pretty quilts in the shops and seeing her works in progress.  My box of Lynette Anderson fabric was waiting for me.  I'm making her sample for the free pattern that will be available at market next month.  Can't show it yet but you can see a preview of the fabric on her Aug 25 blog entry.

  
 

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen a bed like that. How unique and fun. Much better than those car shaped beds.

    ReplyDelete