Thursday, August 18, 2011

More projects

As promised, here's some more finishes.  This wool piece, God Bless Me, was supposed to have tongues but I'm not a big fan of them so I left them off.  I used Valdani perle cotton and transfer ease for the embroidery.  Both made it SO easy.

This is another wool piece.  It was supposed to be finished as a stocking but I thought a wall hanging would be more practical.

Can't remember if I showed you this or not but just in case.  It's machine appliqued - a fun holiday wall hanging.

This was a fun little one to make.  I enlarged it by adding two borders but it's still tiny.  I quilted it with Valdani and big stitches.

These little wool pillows were a lot of fun to make.  I've learned how to prepare my fabric so I don't get so many lumps and bumps when I stuff.

That's it for now.  I'm almost finished with all the applique pieces for a new Jan Patek quilt.  I'll share pictures next time.  After I get it together, I'm rewarding myself with a Baltimore block!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan of doing the tongues either. Adds bulk at the edge when stitching.