Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Newest Obsession

OK.  It didn't start out as an obsession.  It was an innocent, passing interest; really more curiosity than anything.  I'd heard about groups of women who indulged in such an obsession but, really, I didn't think it would interest me.

.......then one fateful Saturday I allowed myself to indulge and the rest is history.  Yes........ I am a hooker.  Now that it's out, I feel so much better. 

I started as most hookers do with a love of wool.  I started frequenting thrift stores searching for 100% wool skirts.  Then moved on to the hard stuff:  wool from honest to goodness stores. 



Like most, I started with the dreaded star.  I know the star teaches all sorts of stuff you need to know.  But, it's SO boring.  As you can see, I was not a good pupil because I didn't finish my star.   

 
Last month, one of my friends and I visited Black Sheep Wool for a wonderful 3 day workshop.  If I wasn't already hooked I would have been after visiting Marty and Rhonda.  Oh my goodness!!  What a treat for the eyes (and tummy!)  This is the rug I'm making.


While at the workshop, I cut what I thought would be plenty of wool strips.  After hooking for a few days, I quickly realized I hadn't cut nearly enough strips.  What to do, what to do.  Lots of my hooker buddies have cutters and I know I could probably go to their home to cut wool but that would slow me down with traveling and visiting and getting side tracked.  Last week I contacted Marty at Black Sheep Wool and ordered a Townsend cutter. 


OK.  It's official.......I really am a hooker and I'd better become a darn good one since I now have all the necessary tools. 

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I learned how to hook and loved it. I can't wait to watch and see all of the wonderful things you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula
    Many of your designs would look SO cute hooked! If I find a way to get more than 24 hours a day I'll let you know so you'll have time to hook some of them.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete