Thursday, July 8, 2010

Civil War Bride Pattern and The Best Husband Ever

Several people have e-mailed and asked me about The Civil War Bride Quilt pattern so I thought I'd post an update. The pattern is available through Threadbear for $40. Threadbear is located in Australia http://www.threadbear.com.au/quiltpatterns.php but Corliss, the shop owner, has it set up so ordering is easy and painless through paypal. I know a couple of shops in the US are offering this as a block of the month. Homestead Hearth in Mexico MO http://www.homesteadhearth.com/ and Common Threads Quilting in Waxahatchie TX http://commonthreadsquilting.com/.



Now on to the real reason for my post. I have the best husband in the world. The other day I spent an afternoon with a friend playing in fabric. I thought that was the best day ever until I got home and found these waiting for me.


Included was the nicest card thanking me for all I do. Recently my husband was diagnosed with malignant melanoma. His doctor removed all the cancer but left quite a hole in his back. Yes -- his back.......guess who got to clean and bandage him every day. That task probably sounds like it would be easy but tell that to someone like me who is a total whimp when it comes to blood.

Anyway, hope you have a great day. I am almost finished with my bride block and will post it soon.

3 comments:

  1. Kay, I did receive an email today from Common Threads, I had inquired about purchasing the pattern instead of the BOM. They did say that they will be releasing the pattern but will have a limited number to sell. My name has been added to their waiting list. The cost will be $60.00.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay...an added note...I am sorry to hear what your husband (and you) had to go through. My daughter (at 24 yrs old at the time) had meloma as well. They had found the spot under her bi-cep of all places. Her's was due to the tanning beds...so all, it does happen! They did cut quite a chunck from her also....not fun. That's been 3 years ago and all is well. Looks like you were rewarded well! He sounds like quite a good man!

    Take care,
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of your husband to show his appreciation! That must give you a warm glow.
    I look forward to your bride block.

    ReplyDelete