Thursday, August 18, 2011

More projects

As promised, here's some more finishes.  This wool piece, God Bless Me, was supposed to have tongues but I'm not a big fan of them so I left them off.  I used Valdani perle cotton and transfer ease for the embroidery.  Both made it SO easy.

This is another wool piece.  It was supposed to be finished as a stocking but I thought a wall hanging would be more practical.

Can't remember if I showed you this or not but just in case.  It's machine appliqued - a fun holiday wall hanging.

This was a fun little one to make.  I enlarged it by adding two borders but it's still tiny.  I quilted it with Valdani and big stitches.

These little wool pillows were a lot of fun to make.  I've learned how to prepare my fabric so I don't get so many lumps and bumps when I stuff.

That's it for now.  I'm almost finished with all the applique pieces for a new Jan Patek quilt.  I'll share pictures next time.  After I get it together, I'm rewarding myself with a Baltimore block!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Finishes - Finally!

The open house at Sew Graceful was yesterday so I can finally share some finishes with you.  This is a block of the month that starts now.  The quilt is "supposed" to be made with wool but I can't stick with a pattern.  My background and appliques are all cotton.  The bias on the border may look difficult but is really quite easy. 

This wall hanging is a Jan Patek pattern, Punkin Heads.  I really enjoy making her patterns.  One nice thing about wall hangings is they're small enough to quilt on your home machine.

The applique on this fall wall hanging is wool and backgrounds are cotton. 

The thing I most enjoyed finishing was my to do list!  I love to start the week with a new list -- gives me a special delight in marking off an item. 

I will post lots more photos later this week.  My camera battery died before I could take photos of everything.  Of course, I didn't have my changer with me.